SJANI (Thoughts) is an annual scientific journal published (printed and online format) in Georgia in the field of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature.
Articles are published in Georgian, English, French and Russian languages and are evaluated according to a blind peer-review process. The publication is free. The author as well as the reader are completely free of any charge.
Journal’s editor and international editorial board membersare leading experts with immense experiences. They are fully responsible forthe fair, unbiased reviewing process.
Aims and Scopes: The main aim and goal of the journal are to increase awareness of the main issues and topics of modern literary theory. Our ambition is to encourage field experts as well as younger researchers from all around the world to publish original research in the journal. We offer a high-quality peer-review system, a large and diverse public, and accessible in different databases.
Open Access Policy: SJANI is a printed and online format publication. The journal tries to promote is open access science idea. All articles are available on www.sjani.ge All content is fully and freely available for any users. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Ethics Statement: The Editorial Board of SJANI (The Thoughts) is committed to meeting and upholding standards of ethical behavior – Privacy, Academic Integrity, and Objectivity – at all stages of the Journal’s publication process. The journal accepts only original manuscripts.
Responsibility of the Editor and editorial board: SJANI (The Thoughts) is committed to blind peer-review integrity and maintaining the highest review standards. Editor and editorial board take all responsibility for the qualification and fairness of all reviewers. The editor and the editorial board ensure that decisions are made without taking into consideration of the author’s race, gender, religious or political beliefs, ethnicity, or citizenship.The editor and editorial board members ensure that no one will use unpublished information of a submitted manuscript. Privacy (of author and reviewer), fairness, academic integrity are guaranteed and ensure the quality of published material. The Editor is responsible to collect signed author declaration and reviewer’s declaration before reviewing process is started.
Responsibility of the Reviewer: The peer review process is a crucial component to maintaining high standards. The reviewer is obliged to respect the ethic of the journal – confidentiality, objectivity. The Reviewer should inform the editor and editorial board in case of a conflict of interest. The reviewer is provided by Paper Review Form which should be filled, commented and signed by the reviewer.
Responsibility of the Author: The author agrees and is obliged to respect the term and standards of the SJANI by signing the Author Declaration.
The review process and reviewing criteria:
- The journal receives a manuscript
- The editor checks the paper against the journal’s aims and scope.
- The editor checks if the submission guideline of SJANI is respected. The journal may use plagiarism detection software to screen the submissions. Any form of plagiarism or academic fraud is not tolerated.
- The editor selects 2 reviewers and sends the paper.
- The reviewers read the paper and provide comments, suggestions, and a recommendation (reject, revise or accept).
- The editor checks the reviews and sends them to the author, with any extra guidance. Based on the reviewers’ evaluation (accept, refuse, revise). It is the technical editor’s responsibility to ask the author whose article was accepted with minor/major revisions to make the necessary changes and to re-submit their articles.
- Authors make changes and re-submit the paper.
- If the journal accepts the paper, it is published.
The author can ask and get the Paper Review Form of the manuscript. If the author proves that the manuscript is not objectively evaluated, the author can appeal the review within 10 days. In case of appeal, the editor and editorial board are responsible to make measures – inviting new reviewers to re-evaluate the manuscript.