GEORGIAN COMPARATIVE LITERATURE ASSOCIATION
Georgian Scientific Journal of Literary Theory and
|ABOUT JOURNAL||Information for Authors||
E ISSN 2346-772X (online)
ISSN 1512-2514 (print)
Submission Guidelines and Citing Style
is an annual scientific journal of literary theory and comparative literature,
· Title page, where authors name, surname, academic degree, position and contact coordinates should be indicated.
· Annotation in English Language (600-800 words).
· List of approved bibliography on original language (enclosed to the article). Georgian and Russian resources should be transliterated. (Please, conform to standard transliteration system)
· The text should be minimum 8 and maximum 20 printed papers.
· An article should be formatted in the following way:
· Title of the article (in the middle)
· Key Words (3 - 5 words)
· Main text
· Bibliography on original language (Georgian and Russian resources transliterated)
· Margins: top-bottom, left-right 25mm
· Font size: 11, Line spacing-1
· The Citing Style “Style of the Institute of Literature” is submitted to the internationas standarts.
o Citation is isolated from the main text by Quotation marks, (‘’ ‘’) at the end of citation, in brackets is written the index, indicating the name of the author of the citation, publication year, then colon and page number. For example: (Jennet 1998:37) see the
o In case of citing the stanza (not line) of the verse, the citation is isolated from the text and the font size is reduced (the text font size is -11, the citation font size is -10)
o These requirements do not apply to the headings “Reviews” and “New Books”, where the font size is:
· Main Text –10
· Notes- 9
· Bibliography list should be ordered according to the index, in alphabetical order. See the
· Wide explanations of the author of the article is numbered and placed at the end of the work. Small notes are indicated with asterisk and explanation is made at the end of the page.
· The author is responsible for the literary style and orthography of the work.
· After evaluating submitted articles the board of editors will contact authors for further directions.
· The article is returned to the author during a certain period (maximum 3 days)
for proof-reading. If the author breaks dead line the board of editors preserve
the right to ban its publication or publish a work without informing an author.
Sample for citation, indication and bibliography
* Works published in the same year (separately or in co-authorship) or one and the same work (with continuations) in several volumes will be indicated in alphabetical order. For example: (Abashidze 1987a: 21). (Abashidze 1987b: 87).
Submission of Articles:
· An article should be sent by E-mail ( Georgian materials -email@example.com; English and German materials - firstname.lastname@example.org; Russian materials - email@example.com)
· Pictures, schemes, diagrams, tables and photographs should be presented in a separate electronic media. Pictures, schemes, diagrams, tables and photographs printed at the place of reference in the text. Large graphic files could be placed at the top or the bottom of a page, or at the bottom, fully stretching across the page. The width of the pictures, schemes, diagrams, tables should not be over 84 mm (per column) or 175 mm (per page). The best suitable formats of graphic files: Tagged Image Format File (TIFF), Word for Windows, Codel Draw, Excel. Photographs (colour and monochrome) must be of good quality, sharp and suitable for reproduction. Pictures, schemes, diagrams, tables and photographs are numbered in an alphabetical order. Titles of pictures, schemes, diagrams, and photographs are indicated at their bottom, and titles of tables are placed at the top.
Shota Rustaveli Institute of Georgian Literature
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University